calling any one from missouri

We would like to get a couple Jersey Giants or Langshans. One of my son's friends showed a Langshan at the fair and she won. It is quite a beautiful yet gentle bird.

I noticed you have mille fleur d'uccles. We think they are quite pretty and want to add to our collection of bantams. Do you ever sell any? Or where could I find some?

We now have 10 hens in the freezer. Took them about 10 minutes from the time we brought the cages in. I will definately go back. Only charged 1.50 per bird. Now my younger girls are out with no fears of being pecked. Funny thing was that they gave us four eggs out of the girls as they were cleaning them. OK, that's probably too much detail.

Last edited:
Where did you take them, Missy? That sounds like a great deal and I have some young roos that are going to have to go soon. I heard that Rich Hill had some Amish that processed and thats about 35 miles from here.

Quote:
My father has some nice black Langshans he was going to sell. The rooster is bigger then any jersey gaint that I've seen, and is very gentle he has been used in Nativity scenes. He has 3 hens and the roo.

Quote:
Wow, that's a great deal for butchering! I just sold all my extra mille fleur d'uccles last week and am keeping a quartet of them. However, I do have some porcelain d'uccles I'd sell anytime now, I should have at least two pair- one mature pair 1 and 1/2 years old, and a younger pair hatched this spring. It's really hard to pick and choose who stays and who goes! I'm definitely keeping my broody porcelain! I'm letting her sit on 5 eggs
smile.png
My rooster to hen ratio is approx 50/50, I think next year I'll order some Mille pullets from my pet chicken-MPC (they're sold out this year) just to sell with my extra roosters, plus keep a few for myself.
cool.png

I was also thinking of ordering some Jersey Giant pullets from MPC this year,before they run out, to supplement the eggs I plan on buying. If anyone is in Mid Missouri and wants to split an order from MPC for the next week or two, send me a PM to let me know!

The name of the place is Herbert Backes Poultry in Loose Creek, Mo. You can google the business to get his phone number I believe. Really nice people.

My son is interested in the mille fleur d'uccles only. Thanks though. We really love our BB Red bantams and want to get into bantams more.

Kramer Farms- On the flip side, we also like the Langshans. I think we would like a hen as I am really enjoying NOT being woke up at 4 in the morning by loud roos. My little bantie roo is gorgeous and crows much quieter than a big roo.

I have the name of a breeder that sells to 4-H kids and I need to contact him so we can go see what he has to offer. I was told he has show quality birds.

Last edited:
I was bummed to look through the state fair website, and see that you pretty much have to be in 4H or FFA to show a bird, and then your entries were supposed to be in by 7/2. I see there is a Market Poultry event on Aug 10th, has anyone attended or shown their birds in that before? It says it has to be 4 birds (1 male and 3 females). I would assume that is the only thing adults can enter, does anyone else know?

Quote:
ANYONE can enter poultry. There is a 4-H/FFA link then under livestock there is a link to poultry. That is the OPEN show. The categories are the same. the 4-H/FFA kiddos have a show then all of those birds are lumped into the open show with the adults. that way the 4-H/FFA kids are guaranteed a fair shake against the NON-professionals LOL. (no harm/offense intended) .

http://www.mostatefair.com/documents/pg_Poultry-Rules.pdf This is the 4-H/FFA link for their classes

http://www.mostatefair.com/documents/pg_Poultry-Rules-Classes.pdf This is the OPEN show link with classes listed out.

Back
Top Bottom