calling any one from missouri

we've been in business for 13 year
tongue.png
We are in the same plaza as Aldis and dollar tree just go past the oriental buffet , if you hit Pachanga you have gone to far. we even take stuff in trade
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
to everyone new!

So, I think I broke the chicken addiction laws... Went to Orscheln this evening and came home with zero, yes that's right. zero chicks, even though they had Auracaunas and Polish... I think I'll be going back Friday. The only, and I truly mean the only, reason I didn't bring an home was because I don't have a brooder place set up! But by Friday.... Oh, I think I can!

Teddi, I would love to take your eggs off your hands but there again, no incubator...
hmm.png
Want to hatch them for me?
lau.gif

yuckyuck.gif

You are so right, Teddi! The other day I printed off someone's plans for a homemde incubator and my DH saw them... he said "Oh, I suppose you want me to build you an incubator now, huh?" me - "Yes, but first I need a brooder." him - "What's a brooder?"
roll.png
He's so not educted on chicken lingo! So I explained it to him and he promtly came up with ideas on how and where to build one... YEA!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Of course, we have lots of other necessities to take care of first... like a new washing machine! UGH!!!!!!!!! I've been without a washing machine for about a month now... How do people live without one?!?!?! I'd be
he.gif
every day! Oh wait... I already am.
big_smile.png

Has anyone ever been to the small animal auction in Holden, MO? I've read about it but never been. I was wondering how well the chickens sell there and how much money I can get off the chickens/chicks I am wanting to cull...

Advise is appreciated...

Dave

Oh yes Misschickenlittle, You must build an incubator. I built one from plans on here and it worked great! I bought a little giant but still occassionally use the one I built. They are cheap and easy to build with a styrofoam cooler. My brooder is a large plastic tote with a lid, I cut out a section in the top and put screen on it and hooked a light fixture on the side with a piece of plywood under to keep it from melting the side. I have 2 of these one is small for smaller hatches and then a large one. I got a huge copy machine box from the local office supply shop that I am going to use for an even larger brooder.

When I built my incubator money was tight and my other half wasn't really into this chicken thing that I was addicted to so I needed something cheap.

Now I can do pretty much anything I want because we are both addicted!
lol.png

Quote:
Never been to this auction but if it is anything like the one in Keytesville you can sometimes get decent $ for you birds. It just depends who is there buying.

Check it out an let us know what it is like.

davony's chicks :

Oh yes Misschickenlittle, You must build an incubator. I built one from plans on here and it worked great! I bought a little giant but still occassionally use the one I built. They are cheap and easy to build with a styrofoam cooler. My brooder is a large plastic tote with a lid, I cut out a section in the top and put screen on it and hooked a light fixture on the side with a piece of plywood under to keep it from melting the side. I have 2 of these one is small for smaller hatches and then a large one. I got a huge copy machine box from the local office supply shop that I am going to use for an even larger brooder.

When I built my incubator money was tight and my other half wasn't really into this chicken thing that I was addicted to so I needed something cheap.

Now I can do pretty much anything I want because we are both addicted!
lol.png

It's funny you mentioned the plastic tote... I saw one when I came home and thought, "Hmmmm, maybe I could use one of those...." Guess I can! Oh, and I also just remembered my neighbor has an incubator and offered to hatch some BO babies from their flock this spring... So, maybe, I can talk them into adding a few d'uccles...
wink.png
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom