calling any one from missouri

I haven't been before (it is quite a drive for us, over 2 hours) . We ordered seeds from them this year in hopes of having a more self sustaining garden. I can imagine it will be quite muddy tomorrow, even if it isn't raining!

Hi all! Its Joelle from south of Kansas City. I got locked out of my account and had to create a new one. So here I am , the new me! Anyone near me know where I can find some standard cochin eggs to set under a hen? Thanks!

Hi, I'm on here very rarely, so this is practically an introduction post. I am in Missouri and I'm looking for some buckeye chicks/pullets/hens. Does anybody have any suggestions? Where do I need to look to find out about sales where I might find some? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I hatch Buckeye chicks. Please PM or phone me if interested. I'm in Kingston, about 60 miles NE of Kansas City. I was the one advertising on Craig's List.

Janet Hatch
J Squared Farms
816-586-2262 | 816-277-1586
Kingston, MO

NPIP 43-727

Quote:
Hey Mary Beth, the state tester is coming to my house on the 18th of this month. Call 573-522-0000, ask for Tony Perryman, if he is not available, tell them that you want to become NPIP and need to set up a time for the tester to come out and test your birds. He may be able to do it the same day as me if you call soon. It is free in Mo so no worries there. They will test all your birds over 4 months of age. Depending on how many birds you have, it doesn't take long.

Yes it really helps if you have your birds all rounded up in cages and next to your testing table. You have to be able to hold your bird to where they can fan out a wing and poke it with their testing needle. I did my NPIP testing in February and had enough cages for about half my flock, but there were 6 I'd left in their coop and trekked back and forth in the slippery mud in galoshes to go get each one and put it back after it was poked in the wing vein for a drop of blood. It started raining for the last 4 birds, thankfully the tester, Jennifer, and her equipment were in my garage. My clothing went immediately in the wash after I was done and I to the shower. Jennifer is really nice and easy going, Rose is also very helpful and knowledgeable, and Tony, well, he is the detail oriented person of the bunch. Anyway, I am glad I had initial contact with Jennifer and Rose first before having my first interaction with Tony by phone, otherwise I would have swore off the NPIP program altogether from that one interaction which left a lasting negative impression. Aside from that one negative interaction, Missouri does a good job because 1. Testing is free 2. They do make it easy by sending you return envelopes to mail in your carbon copies of your shipping forms. 3. They are available to answer questions by e-mail or phone when they are not out testing, and respond in a timely manner.

Back
Top Bottom