calling any one from missouri

Quote:
Hey Mary Beth, the state tester is coming to my house on the 18th of this month. Call 573-522-0000, ask for Tony Perryman, if he is not available, tell them that you want to become NPIP and need to set up a time for the tester to come out and test your birds. He may be able to do it the same day as me if you call soon. It is free in Mo so no worries there. They will test all your birds over 4 months of age. Depending on how many birds you have, it doesn't take long.

I wonder if he's going to make you have 'Libido' tested again. I didn't think of giving you an NPIP form since you adopted him from me and he wasn't crossing state lines. Oh well, Libido will just have to get over it if your tester insists.

The chicken yard is much more peaceful since I rehomed two of my adult roosters. Now I just have my oldest d'uccle chasing my Jersey Giant rooster around the yard without mercy. My younger two have their own little coops and pens. My other rooster 'Cookie' found a home with a family that needed a flock guard to scare off their chicken stalking chihuahua. I hope he does a good job. I miss them both though. If I had more land........ Right now, in my suburban backyard, I don't want to alienate the neighbors by having too many roosters. So far they haven't minded too much. Two less grown roosters to crow does make it a bit quieter.

So the kennell I bought for our small dog now is a brooder for our 9 chicks!! Bought 3 bantam chicks at Orschelns Saturday and my neighbor brought me 6 Buff Orps last night... Whoo hoo!!!!

Im in desoto/ hillsboro area about 45 mins from st louis. I posted on another thread a while back but I guess no one uses it any more just figured I would stop by and say hi. It was intresting to read about your guys experiences with npip testing. Im not sure Im ready to do that just yet but probably this fall or next year. Working on some Aframe chicken tractors at moment to do some more test breeding and some grow out pens. I really hope I can get atleast 2 done this week. We will see just depends on the weather.

Quote:
Welcome! I am in Elsberry, Mo. But I work in Ballwin, so I am not that far from you. I am working on several projects here myself. What color Ameraucanas do you have? I have blue and black for now, but they are still chicks.

frow.gif
Hi loprettaerin

Misschickenlittle..yay for new chickies!
smile.png
I have more hatching at the moment as well.

Welcome to all the new Missourians! I'm about an hr south of St. Louis. If anyone's interested in npip but you aren't ready, you can set up you test date for later this year. It sounds like they're backed up right now so I'm sure there's no problem with waiting. Honestly the only real benefit I've had is being able to legally ship eggs and chicks, also that I can sell in Ill if I ever decide to. You have to have birds tested before crossing the state line. A lot of people don't Im sure but it's not a risk I want to take lol.

Enjoy the sunshine while you can!

Quote:
Welcome! I am in Elsberry, Mo. But I work in Ballwin, so I am not that far from you. I am working on several projects here myself. What color Ameraucanas do you have? I have blue and black for now, but they are still chicks.

I have blues and splash but all chicks at the moment. All the rest would be considered EE. Still love them though, I looking at getting so more blues and wheatons possibly soon really working on my marans more then anything at the moment. I have been bad this year with hatching and buying eggs so I could get some really good stock from different people. My mom owns a dog gromming shop up off manchester in ballwin small world.

Quote:
Hey Mary Beth, the state tester is coming to my house on the 18th of this month. Call 573-522-0000, ask for Tony Perryman, if he is not available, tell them that you want to become NPIP and need to set up a time for the tester to come out and test your birds. He may be able to do it the same day as me if you call soon. It is free in Mo so no worries there. They will test all your birds over 4 months of age. Depending on how many birds you have, it doesn't take long.

Thanks!!
I only have 3 hens over 4 months. Should I still get it done?

Last edited:
Quote:
Which is more of why I will do it sometime and also if I decide to show that would be a plus. I also just think it is worth doing just for you own peace of mind really. I was surprised to here it was free in Mo since I have heard from many others it can get very expencive.

I think Im going to have another 100% hatch on my rouen duckligs this time.
celebrate.gif
I get a little excited when that happens, Only 2 more eggs left to hatch and both trying.

Back
Top Bottom