calling any one from missouri

HI ALL FROM WESTVILLE OK

wish i could go to jacobs cave swap but i have to do the W word ya know that one masty word ***work** but glad to have a job . any way i have a swap/chicken stock pland for this fall in stillwell OK i hope to see some of my MISSOURI friends there for some good chicken swaping and fun here is the info for anny hwoo may whant to come all are wecome and there will be no setup fee

update on the GREEN COUNTRY SWAP MEET

sep 17th

ADIR county fair grownds and barn stillwell OK

rafel to benafit 4H ( if you whant your local 4h involved just shoot me a PM ) tikets will sell for a buck a pice and will be sold by the 4H clubs as well as day of

dontions needed so far we have

batam show box
set of three tranceport cages
CORONATION SUSEXS PULLET
please pm if you would like to donate

GENDER/BREED YOUTH JUDGEING with prizes in three age groups

all day swap and vist no setup fee all birds and rabits wecome

auction for proffet at close of swap meet *time to be set* with a 20% commition to pay for setup, staf, auctioner and all other profet will be donated to the 4H and poltry and rabit club

i need help in planing events , food , staf ,rafel donations , advertizing ,planing adult events ( sutable for all ages ) ex ex ex

please pm if you what or would like to help
hope to see some of yall there BANJO

Sustainable Backyard Tour!!! Mark Your Calendars!! Our yard will be on the tour.

SUSTAINABLE BACKYARD TOUR SITE

“The Sustainable Backyard is not just about gardening, but includes a range of green living practices such as rainwater harvesting, composting, keeping chickens, bees, or goats, using renewable energy, permeable surfaces, recycled art and more.”

If you have a coop, beehive, vegetable garden, etc....and would like to be included on the tour, please sign up to Backyard Chickens St. Louis and let Bill Thompson know.
smile.png
The more the better!!

ST. LOUIS CHICKENS

HOME ECO

THE GATEWAY GARDENER

We’re searching for examples of

brilliant organic living to show others how going green can be beautiful, productive and easy! If you would like to be a backyard on the first sustainable backyard tour please let us know.

Tour sponsors currently include Home Eco, Gateway Gardener Magazine, Isabee’s and Native Pollinators.

Please give Terry a call @ 314-351-2000
There is also a registration form on this site...
http://www.nativepollinator.com/SBYT/index.html

Last edited:
Quote:
I have not done it yet, but I obtained a caponizing kit from ebay. I wish I knew someone who has done a few that could show me in person. I have been a vet tech for 18 years now, so I am sure that I am more than capable, but it would still be nice to see an "expert" do it first. Also, I have searched everywhere for a good how-to video with no luck. If you find someone, post a video. I would love to see it.

Quote:
I have not done it yet, but I obtained a caponizing kit from ebay. I wish I knew someone who has done a few that could show me in person. I have been a vet tech for 18 years now, so I am sure that I am more than capable, but it would still be nice to see an "expert" do it first. Also, I have searched everywhere for a good how-to video with no luck. If you find someone, post a video. I would love to see it.

x2
I am processing my cornish rock roos tomorrow. I think after I've done the deed and they can't feel anything I might do a dry run with them. If doesn't seem to difficult on a huge fat dead chick I might actually get the guts to try it on a live small chick someday... I would love to raise something else besides cornish x for their meat, but my neighbors don't appreciate crowing. My one roo now is pushing it. And I can't bring myself to process a pullet.

We need someone to teach a class. I have a friend who has lots of Burmese friends... I'm hoping one of them knows how to do it and can teach me. Language barriers could be a problem but hey, beggars can't be choosers...
lol.png

DAve

Quote:
thats just wrong!
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

poor little roosters, i feel for them.
tongue.png

saw a guy do it once, he had it down. only took him about 1-3 minutes per bird! course he had probably done a few million birds by then!

Quote:
thats just wrong!
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

poor little roosters, i feel for them.
tongue.png

saw a guy do it once, he had it down. only took him about 1-3 minutes per bird! course he had probably done a few million birds by then!

Try less than 30 seconds per bird! WARNING graphic video: http://www.zmyanji.com/zmsp/201006/723.html

uh uhhhhhhhh! that aint right at all!

sure must take a lot of roosters for a "chicken fry".

Back
Top Bottom