calling any one from missouri

Quote:
Look up New Madrid fault line and Reelfoot Lake. It is a serious fault line and scares the (*&*& out of me when I go down there. Last serious one caused the Mississippi River to flow backward for several days. Not my idea of a good time!

I have decided to sell some of my birds. I am selling my white silkies. I need space for my cuckoo silkies and the whites are for sale. I will be posting auctions on here this weekend. these birds have been shown and have done well
38899_100_0686.jpg

38899_100_0983.jpg

38899_100_0837.jpg

they will be sold in pairs.

I have also decided to sell my lavender orpingtons. I have an adult quad and three youngsters. I also have twelve black orp chicks from hinkjc and 7 white orp chicks. they are a month old

woot.gif
Out of 12 eggs set, I had 1 clear, 4 are pipped now, 3 still look good, and 4 babies hatched. Going to need some caffiene tonight, lol. Tomorrows day 21, my broodie pair are doing a good job! Thanks for the eggs urbanfarmerkc. 3 lil cochins and a black ??? out so far.
smile.png

68502_p1050821.jpg

Quote:
That is so cool, I thought that baby looked familiar... so you now have 8 that are either hatched or hatching and 3 that are dark but not pipped yet? If it is feathered feet, they are Cochin. If they turn white, the dad may be a Delaware but when you got eggs they were still with the Cochin rooster. Sadly he is now departed thanks to a night he hid from me and a night creature put an end to him.
sad.png
He was a beauty though!!!!!

If they don't have feathered feet, they could be Delaware, Delaware crossed with La Fleche (good tasting French delicacy), or Light Sussex split with Coronation Sussex. If it is black with no feathered feet, I'm guessing it was a cross.
smile.png

Keep us informed.

Dave

Quote:
That is so cool, I thought that baby looked familiar... so you now have 8 that are either hatched or hatching and 3 that are dark but not pipped yet? If it is feathered feet, they are Cochin. If they turn white, the dad may be a Delaware but when you got eggs they were still with the Cochin rooster. Sadly he is now departed thanks to a night he hid from me and a night creature put an end to him.
sad.png

If they don't have feathered feet, they could be Delaware, Delaware crossed with La Fleche (good tasting French delicacy), or Light Sussex split with Coronation Sussex. If it is black with no feathered feet, I'm guessing it was a cross.
smile.png

Keep us informed.

Dave

8 hatched now. My BO is still sitting on the other 3. 1 is peeping, so I'm hoping they'll be making their appearance soon. The other babies are all up running around the nest, pecking at my ring when I put my hand in there. I think the broodies are gonna have their hans full with this bunch.

Quote:
sad.png

smile.png

Keep us informed.

Dave

8 hatched now. My BO is still sitting on the other 3. 1 is peeping, so I'm hoping they'll be making their appearance soon. The other babies are all up running around the nest, pecking at my ring when I put my hand in there. I think the broodies are gonna have their hans full with this bunch.

This bunch eats more than any others I've ever seen!!! They are total pigs! So, no doubt they will be a hand full. My other babies (their siblings) are really easy to manage though. Except one ran away into the park behind our house yesterday and a little boy and his dad brought him back to me. It was really sweet. LOL

I had 11 out of 12 hatch. Definately some resilient lil chicks. It was my broodies first time setting, and they shared the eggs and I left them in the coop so the eggs kept getting moved all around. Sometimes they'd forget an egg or 2 and I'd push it back under one of them. Then today there were 2 left unhatched and the broodies had got off them sometime this morning or overnight. I brought them in and put them under a heat lamp to give them a chance, and dropped and smashed one doing so.
sad.png
The lil cochin is doing great now though, with her buddy that also hatched today. Moving them out with the mommas tomorrow, after I mark my poor lil dropped chick. Figure she/he's a keeper after what I put the poor thing through.
68502_p1050855.jpg

Back
Top Bottom