calling any one from missouri

frow.gif
Hi --- taylor173

Hi all..haven't been here in a while and thought I'd stop by. How's everyone and your birds taking the heat? I wish I had a personal bubble with and a/c attached to me lol. We've had several hens setting and the poor girls get so hot during the day. Only two left on the nest now and I think we'll be done hatching for a while. I have lots of beautiful juvie blk cochins that I look forward to watching grow out the rest of the summer, and several other breeds also.
Stay cool!

anybody want to enter the ste. genevieve county fair poultry show. I am the chairperson this year. entries are due Friday and so far I have 0 birds entered. I know I'll get some entries I have had some phone calls, but I'm a little worried. last year I was the only person with bantams. the fair will be tons of fun, there is a truck pull, demo derby, cowboy mounted shooting, a horse show, petting zoo and tons of other things going on.

My girls are hatching and raising more babies with no heartache, mess or effort on my part! I have one BB red hen that hatched 5 babies 2 weeks ago, I have one cochin bantam that hatched 2 babies 4 weeks ago and is once again setting on eggs that belong to someone else, and another cochin bantam that has hatched 3 so far and has more under her.

I am going to have so many babies I won't know what to do with. I sold my incubators a few weeks ago because I decided I wasn't going to mess with that anymore and now the girls have taken over.

I am so happy these girls are taking care of their own!
smile.png

davony's chicks :

My girls are hatching and raising more babies with no heartache, mess or effort on my part! I have one BB red hen that hatched 5 babies 2 weeks ago, I have one cochin bantam that hatched 2 babies 4 weeks ago and is once again setting on eggs that belong to someone else, and another cochin bantam that has hatched 3 so far and has more under her.

I am going to have so many babies I won't know what to do with. I sold my incubators a few weeks ago because I decided I wasn't going to mess with that anymore and now the girls have taken over.

I am so happy these girls are taking care of their own!
smile.png

I agree, I have some hens sitting now, too. Much easier and less stressful when they do all the work and worry.
lol.png
I have one hen who hatched four a week or so ago and another hen sitting on about 13 eggs, don't know how many are fertile and don't really care, just letting her do her thing. Then there is the duck and one silkie sitting on three duck eggs, that should be interesting. I have a turkey who sat on a couple duck eggs and has one duckling running along beside her now. He is about 4 weeks old now or more. very funny to see.​

Quote:
I agree, I have some hens sitting now, too. Much easier and less stressful when they do all the work and worry.
lol.png
I have one hen who hatched four a week or so ago and another hen sitting on about 13 eggs, don't know how many are fertile and don't really care, just letting her do her thing. Then there is the duck and one silkie sitting on three duck eggs, that should be interesting. I have a turkey who sat on a couple duck eggs and has one duckling running along beside her now. He is about 4 weeks old now or more. very funny to see.

I bet that turkey with her duckling baby is a sight to see!
lau.gif

I agree with you about not worrying if they are fertile or not. I don't bother them, I just let them do what they want to do.
I hope your silkie hatches her ducklings!

Back
Top Bottom