calling any one from missouri

Howdy Yall!
frow.gif
I'm a new comer here. I was born and raised in a small town in Cali. but came out every summer to visit my grandma and fell in love with MO. I know I'm a transplant but I love it here! I live right between Republic and Billings. I guess that is SW Mo. But I am not very good at all that, mostly depend on my car to tell me which direction I am going. I know that is bad, right? I am new to owning chickens. I always wanted them, even tried to convince my parents to let me show them in 4-H, but my mom hated having chickens growing up so I never got to get any. I am now a proud owner of 3! One is a RIR and the other came from the rainbow layers bin so I am waiting to see. Was trying to decide on here by some pics but since I am so new I just can't decide. They are 2 wks old. We have them in a brooder right now of course and we are building a coop this next weekend. I really want to get some silkies! I want to hatch them myself. I am very excited to be on this forum and can't wait to meet some new friends that love chickens like me. If any one has any newbie info that they think would be helpful, I am all for it. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Woke up to find that my Maran chicken, Veda has been STOLEN from our yard!! Her wings are clipped and she's in a fenced in pen and our yard has a privacy fence.
sad.png

A few of our neighbors have chickens so my daughter is going to look in their yard, but it'd be hard to prove it.

Anybody got any Marans out there to sell?

Quote:
you're in Aurora?
I'm in Aurora, barely, almost in Marionville.
nice to meet you, neighbor!

Yep I now live in Aurora. Good to meet you. What breeds do you have?

Quote:
Yep I now live in Aurora. Good to meet you. What breeds do you have?

I've got:
New Hampshires (4 hens and a roo)
Sex Linked (2 hens)
Silver Appleyard ducks (drake and 2 hens)
Cayuga duck (maybe.... drake?)
Rouen ducks (drake and ahen)
Blue Swedish (2 crested drakes and... maybe... 2 non-crested hens)
3 Brown chinese geese and an African goose (gender? can't tell)
A bronze cross turkey trio (tom, 2 hens)
A chocolate turkey hen
A royal palm turkey hen
and two guinea hens, a pearl and a royal purple...

you can probably hear them from your place...
wink.png

and that's just the critters with feathers.

how about you?

Back
Top Bottom