calling any one from missouri

Quote:
How is it getting higher when you kill it?

or do you pay someone to process it?

For us deer meat is an opportunity to get free meat. We have only gotten 2, hoping to get another one in doe season, but we can't use farm tags for that and can only afford 1 tag. Doe season isn't allowed in Polk so we have to go to Hickory county to hunt on DH's family's land.

We process all of our own meat for 3 reasons- 1 $80 is just ridiculous, 2. We like to eat it fresh, and 3. most places around here process assembly line style and all meat gets thrown together. You have no guarantee you are getting YOUR meat. and you don't know how long Bubba Joe hauled his monster buck around in the back of his truck before getting it processed. There is only 1 place locally that I know of that is USDA approved to butcher meat and they charge over $100 per deer. not worth it. Not worth it when it takes about 30 minutes to cut it all off the carcass and if you are equipped with a food saver, a cutting board, and a meat tenderizer you are set.

would love to learn how to do this myself... I'm new to hunting so a hands-on opportunity would be cool. I've watched our sheep be field-dressed, but haven't seen the process that goes from dressed to butchered. except on youtube, which helps, but it's not the same as being there doing it. if you'll take a untrained volunteer, I'd love to learn. I'm not too far from you.

yippiechickie.gif
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

December Poultry Swap

Joplin, MO

Saturday, December 3rd
7:00 am - noon

What else are you going to be doing? Go buy and sell some birds!

I'm taking some fancy pigeons, performing breed pigeons, call ducks, indian runners, ring teal (maybe), Chickens. Possibly some peacocks and pheasants.

Let me know what you are looking for!

if you're near Stilwell and your chickens like pumpking, here you go...

TRAILER FULL OF FREE PUMPKINS, SOME HUGE (Stilwell)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-11-27, 11:57AM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a small trailer full of pumpkins used for decoration......BET THE DEER WOULD APPRECIATE MUNCHING ON THESE????

So, if you want to decorate for awhile or feed the wildlife, give me a reply. BIggest one is 18 tall by an average of 21 inches wide (actually 25 one way and 18 the other)

Next biggest one is about 20 x 20 inches.......guessing the big one is 80 pounds, second one 60 pounds and a bunch more.

If you want them, send me an email!
Thanks Kent

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/zip/2722953101.html

Hello everyone!!!! Just wanted to stop by and say hello!!!! I haven't checked in on this thread in a while. I use to live in St. Louis, but now I'm in Illinois, but just right over the river from St. Louis, Mo so close. I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving!!!!
smile.png

Quote:
lol.png
I can believe that !!!! the ground was white this a.m. ..... I was doing a granny walk across the porch and down the 8 steps out the back door .... icy !!! one thing about chickens, they were happy to see me after all my effort .
smile.png
hummm maybe it was the corn and warm water I had in my hands....
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom