calling any one from missouri

Just on update on Marionville's Chicken ordinance. It passed on 6-12-12, We may now keep up to 6 hens, so long as we follow the cities set backs, which are 7.5' from the property line.

Getting it to pass took a bit of doing, I ended up getting elected to city council to help make it happen.

well,  Currently we aren't allowed to have chickens at all, unless we have 3 acres zoned agricultural, I've copied Springfields ordinance, and the meeting on thursday is to tailor it to fit Marionville. 

Just on update on Marionville's Chicken ordinance. It passed on 6-12-12, We may now keep up to 6 hens, so long as we follow the cities set backs, which are 7.5' from the property line.
Getting it to pass took a bit of doing, I ended up getting elected to city council to help make it happen.

thumbsup.gif
congrats!

Update to my update, I got the Mayors intent to veto paperwork tonight regarding our ordinance, so we'll have to see how this plays out.

Hi, Everyone. I'm new here, located in Calhoun, MO. Close to Clinton. We have 20 hens, 2 roosters, and 4 new little chicks that we let hatch out. Lost 4 hens to the extreme heat.

Kathy

i was curious if anyone knows of a local feed mill around the kansas city area? i'm interested in looking into places that grind and mix the feed on site. just wanted to explore all my options if i have any other than just buying the pre-packaged/shipped big name brands from the local TSC (or Feldman's in my case). i've done some poking around on the web but can't seem to find much in the immediate area. any suggestions?

Did you try your local phone book? You can try google too.
data=Ay5GWBeob_WIPLDYoIWcfVXxvZu9XwJ55OX7Ag,wi-i43L3nVHIyh0oAxYF4r6ukzlvF3ZGPGB9Z-K669bDtK5gDyqee2JDkMqemOwmQVmbKOrmeFaD3AOzoE-1zQ_MMG1byTK0tWOs1PXkUx67_Z7dynxmF8wxL9iGJbs1PM2VvZ0R08Xh0okjYuGW8X7qPt1Lr9l0gYid2163ezZgekHL0ZoGRSbUyyDcTwHsP5eTpmxj2WOVANxj1j0ipj5oSglw9kYoB9HLDaAwXICptxUQaaoltI0k96c0hiZqcMCwXSzVM_t_30rW6hKmc5txCwa5b7qpffNZYJJzwzVMqRo-Lo4leDNPFk13ePxmburvulimAm0G9HhA6jWq48GLVgbAXFTliTWD1iYYxHoL9nnZ5YPa5n874CdE3J3UVHuRknFj873U3Z3mPGR6yvOXBRVQa1PxjWHqMNui-NW9PwtdwtxgXaEymHtzXMgc7byqiE34ZXktOaJnzLzWEmjzJfIARnQqi5YuMFHsWZF1TozPSA
I found a feed store listed in my yellow pages that I didn't know about (I went there and didn't care for the place and their prices - I'll continue to go to the feed store near my son's Scout meeting place). Do you have a nearby MFA store? They might grind feed for you but most places require large orders and I don't want to pay that much at one time.

CG

like i said i looked around the web and got a couple numbers to try tomorrow but most of what i found from googling "livestock feed" and the like seemed to be the huge industrial feed giants in and around downtown KC,and pretty much everything else had pretty much no info at all other than a name and number. was just hoping to get some referrals from fellow BYC'ers that are getting fresher feed around here. i looked for an MFA near me, and on their main site their "store locator" brings up a map showing one really close to me, but it just shows a tack on the map showing where it's at, and no contact info for me to get a hold of them at all. i might run out there tomorrow to see if it's in fact there or not, and if they have what i'm looking for.

Our local MFAs will do custom milling, but they require a 1000 lb minimum order, and I worry about freshness and spoilage with an order that size (not just $ spent at once)... we feed 200-300 lbs a month so that's a 3-5 month supply.

Hello all I'm from SW Mo. I have been on BYC for a few months now but just found this thread. I have several chickens, a few ducks and some duck eggs in the bator for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom