calling any one from missouri

Welcome from Smithville! I don't post on here too much either, just trying to get a feel for it and relatively new in the chicken business. I just read, soak it all in and then worry I am doing things wrong! I am driving my hubby crazy with "Well, I read..." lol

Quote:
You and me both,
lau.gif
Everyday I have something new to tell him.

welcome-byc.gif
flock4allreasons

welcome-byc.gif
michelle1017

welcome-byc.gif
mamato3

All of you will like being a part of this forum the folks are great here.
frow.gif
As you have been reading some of the threads you know there are a lot of topics covered. So jump in more often.
ya.gif

Enjoy Karan

Thanks Karanleaf! I have pretty much found the answers to most of my questions just by reading. My flock is so new (so am I) so I don't have much to contribute yet. I did have my first tragedy this morning though if someone would like to listen. To make a long story short, overnight last night MY cat (we have several, but he is my baby) and hubby's (the first cat he has ever gotten attached to) attacked my son's meat birds he had just bought the day before and killed 12 of the 13! Luckily, they couldn't get into the 21 RIR chicks son is also raising. So, hubby calls me later in the morning, at work, to tell me I need to go to 40 mins away to pick up 10 new ones. Because I can't tell my children no, I hopped in the van to save the day! I couldn't resist and bought 4 Ameraucanas (not sure how to spell them yet, just got back) and 3 barred rocks to to make sure son is cheered up while hubby is at home building Ft. Knox for them. Geesh, these chicks are going to wear me out!! But oh so addicting!

cqranch
welcome-byc.gif

JMajors I live just North of Kirksville in Glenwood 6 miles south of Iowa line. Yes very nice to see that there are so many of us popping up close together. Maybe we can get something put together for us all to have some get together or something.

michelle1017
sad.png
Sorry to hear about your 1st tragedy. But cats are preditors, and baby birls are one of their favorties. I am sorry that you Husband had to find the mess, But glad it was spared from the kids.
My Jack Russell Tally got a hold of a baby cottontail rabbit acouple of months ago didn't even have it's eyes open I got it from her but too late as she had punctured its skin and bleeding a lot. I covered the nest as there were 4 more there and put a cattle panel around it so we didn't mow there. Any way no matter how much ya love your pets,there is always that natural instenct (sp?) going to take over.
Good thing Mom can go get new babies to save the day.
ya.gif
Great that your DH is making better protection for these
clap.gif

You will have to take some photos of the kids with the chickie babies and post them. I wanta see
yippiechickie.gif

Karan

Back
Top Bottom