Calling favorelle lovers- do I have a boy and a girl~ crossing fingers

wannabchick

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Northen Va
Also how sure are you of what you think they are????
march2011010.jpg

march2011019.jpg

march2011029.jpg

their are only two that hatched they hatched on March 2nd

heres one of their wing colors
march2011006.jpg

and the other wing colors
march2011012.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
HOw sure do you think you are?? LOL

the reason I ask.. is I had assumed salman favorelles were going to be super light colored.. like cream... but both are dark.... to me.. just one is even darker, and yet.. look at the difference in the feathering rate too??? LOL

Quote:

the reason I ask.. is I had assumed salman favorelles were going to be super light colored.. like cream... but both are dark.... to me.. just one is even darker, and yet.. look at the difference in the feathering rate too??? LOL

Pretty sure, 90%. When I had them, my males would feather out slower than the females.

Here's some pictures of salmon faverolles. The hens are lighter/cream colored on their chests & bellies. http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGD/Favs/BRKFaverolles.html

Quote:

Pretty sure, 90%. When I had them, my males would feather out slower than the females.

Here's some pictures of salmon faverolles. The hens are lighter/cream colored on their chests & bellies. http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGD/Favs/BRKFaverolles.html

THANK YOU.. just dont want to order more eggs... to get a rooster, or a girl...
what I wanted.. was one boy and one girl.. so if thats what I got... whoot whooot

Yep. Definitely a pair. The females will have some black in their wing tips early on because they have black in their primary wing feathers too.
wink.png

You have a beautiful pair! the differences are:
Pullet:
- double layer of feathers on the wings
- skinny legs & feet
- faster to push out feathers
-develops shoulder feathers long before the cockerel

Cockerel:
- single layer of feathers on the wings
- thick legs & feet
- slow to feather out.
- start looking for reddening of comb & wattles at around 2-3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom