***Calling Speckled Hen!!!!****

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by chickencrazymamahen, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Thank you for the inspiration, hubby and I talked it over and I just set the big frame up in the living room [​IMG] So now I can work on getting calluses on my fingertips again [​IMG] and working on my stitch size!!! Thanks Again!

[​IMG]

2. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    Very pretty,i wish i could hand quilt.The last time i tried i sewed my skin on my finger to the quilt! lol i told my husband do not cut the stitch ,cut my dry skin!

3. FarmerVal

FarmerVal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2010
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    Beautiful! One of my goals is to learn to quilt. Someday... Right now my little ones just keep me too busy!

Quote:[​IMG]

4. Thanks!! It has been a few years since I worked on this, so its a new adventure! Sure can relate to sewing my finger to the quilt...lol. Hope to finish this this year and give it to my daughter and husband for their new house. When my kids were little I didn't have much time for sewing either, but look forward to more time for it now.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG] Looks wonderful!

6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Hi Speckled! I see that your subversive plan to turn innocent people into addicted quilters is working.

7. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    The Paducah Hancock fabric store has beautiful chicken fabric. I found a panel on the remnant table, wwwrobertkaufman.com. Someday there will be a lap quilt, I hope. BTW, that is a gorgeous quilt!

8. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    I know that some of you like chicken fabric, too. Looking through my stash, here is another favorite, by Timeless Treasures: PATT#VILLAGE-C7157. The print reminds me of Spain. Paducah Hancock also carried this one, also found on the remnant table. Could some of you show pictures of your chicken quilts?

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Wow,, that is really nice! I just got a hoop that stands on a frame to try and do some hand quilting, I love yours!

10. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    Quote:[​IMG]

LOVE the quilt , great job. I am a cheater and use the machine [​IMG] but there is a joy in making a quilt and giving as gifts - special .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by