Calling Virtually My Entire Flock Into Question - Please Give Me Good News

All cockerels. So sorry!
Ok, what on the silkies makes them look like boys? (Of the ones I guessed were female?)

I'm sorry, but I can't believe I have 15 boys and 4 girls in my entire flock. This is absurd. How am I ever gonna find homes for all of these? I really don't want to have to cull them.

Ok, what on the silkies makes them look like boys? (Of the ones I guessed were female?)

I'm sorry, but I can't believe I have 15 boys and 4 girls in my entire flock. This is absurd. How am I ever gonna find homes for all of these? I really don't want to have to cull them.
Comb development

Calling all silkie experts. Silkies are what I think are one of the breeds that are the hardest to sex. Wait and see if you get any eggs. They appear to be males from the pictures by their appearance, they look like males to me. I was once sold some chicks as Brown Leghorns of which I was looking for. When they started to lay eggs it confirmed my suspicion, they were Partridge Rocks, brown egg layers. I finally found a breeder and got some Brown Leghorns.

After they are big enough and you are sure if they are male or female, sell the males you don't want. It would offset the cost of the feed. People love silkies. They are one if not the most popular breed.

After they are big enough and you are sure if they are male or female, sell the males you don't want. It would offset the cost of the feed. People love silkies. They are one if not the most popular breed.
Do they want males though?

Yes, we have a couple of farm swaps monthly and usually there are a lot of silkies for sale both males and females.

Back
Top Bottom