Cally, miracle Button Chick! Always eggtopsy!

yoyo6980

In the Brooder
May 7, 2020
I had 6 eggs that didn’t hatch so I left them in the incubator until this morning (day 20) this late they would all not be viable. I did eggtopsy to see why they didn’t hatch. 4 failed very early, which I expected as I had problems with temp control. One was full grown but died in shell and one was alive!!! A bit of a deformed neck so I put it straight in the incubator in a little pot to help straighten it up. Plasters on its little crunches up feet and it looks to be doing quite well!! I think I can save it!!
I was not expecting that!! X
Edit - It’s now 3rd day and ‘Cally’ is
A825152D-5C24-4ECD-AC31-5F0DC13343EF.jpeg
strong enough to join the others! :) 3378F8B4-AC42-47E8-97CC-F442F5D96665.jpeg BBBDC111-D02C-43ED-8A6F-D99594907D4B.jpeg EE2C87C3-FFFF-43E3-99C7-69CA24936DD5.jpeg 22D6F36F-0D25-48E3-8523-D3DFD6119493.jpeg 18F814E3-3311-4948-881F-5870B674BB13.jpeg A825152D-5C24-4ECD-AC31-5F0DC13343EF.jpeg

Cally is such a fighter!
Chicks do have a very strong will to survive.

I had a little quail chick who was rejected by her parents when she hatched. She was left to die in the cold. Luckily we spotted her and brought her in to warm her up. We ended up hand raising that little girl.

Two and a half weeks later, the parents rejected her two siblings as well. They went cold and one died. Again, luckily we spotted them buried under the straw. One of them was only barely alive, but we rushed her under under heat and revived her. I decided to reunite her with her sister (the one I was hand raising).

I had another quail hen go broody. She sat on her eggs for three weeks, but nothing hatched. She finally gave up and stopped sitting. A day or two later, in the evening, I heard a chick crying out. I checked over at that hen's enclosure and found a tiny, half-dead chick. I rushed her inside and put her under heat. I already had two other chicks in the brooder who hatched four days earlier, so I put her in with them. She's all grown up now and happy with her adopted siblings.

Cally is such a fighter!
Chicks do have a very strong will to survive.

I had a little quail chick who was rejected by her parents when she hatched. She was left to die in the cold. Luckily we spotted her and brought her in to warm her up. We ended up hand raising that little girl.

Two and a half weeks later, the parents rejected her two siblings as well. They went cold and one died. Again, luckily we spotted them buried under the straw. One of them was only barely alive, but we rushed her under under heat and revived her. I decided to reunite her with her sister (the one I was hand raising).

I had another quail hen go broody. She sat on her eggs for three weeks, but nothing hatched. She finally gave up and stopped sitting. A day or two later, in the evening, I heard a chick crying out. I checked over at that hen's enclosure and found a tiny, half-dead chick. I rushed her inside and put her under heat. I already had two other chicks in the brooder who hatched four days earlier, so I put her in with them. She's all grown up now and happy with her adopted siblings.
Just amazing, I see a few people just giving up on these little amazeballs so I love reading stories like this. They just need a chance given to them 🥰

Back
Top Bottom