Can 3 drakes live together, separately from the flock?

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
We have 3 drakes that I plan on, hopefully, separating into their own pen in a couple weeks but I need some feedback from you all.
Currently all 3 get along perfectly living together with the females and 2 younger ducks. I do keep an eye on all of them to make sure they leave each other alone. They all get to free range during the afternoon when I'm able to supervise them.

Our top drake is 3 years old and is a Khaki Campbell. The 2 younger drakes are both just over 4 or 5 months of age. The younger 2 get pushed around a lot by our females though so I keep an extra eye on the females during the day.
All 3 of them have been ignoring the females wanting to mate so I haven't heard them trying to mount any of them. And our females are extra loud when being mounted that it's annoying.

Currently have 4 females and plan on adding more for breeding.

Can 3 drakes live together in their own pen??

My Muscovy Drake and Mallard/Rouen mixed Drake were together in Drake jail all summer. I just recently caught the huge Muscovy Drake mounting the Mallard/Rouen and mating him! The Mallard/Muscovy has been hiding from him most of the summer in their pen so this might have been going on for a lot longer than I realized. I am considering rehoming the Muscovy as he is so big and so rough on my Hens. Good luck with yours. Hopefully your pen for them will be large so they can hide from each other if they decide to abuse each other.

Back
Top Bottom