Can a bantam rooster cover full size hen?

Minky

Crowing
6 Years
Nov 4, 2017
Ontario
There is a beautiful Silver laced Wyandotte rooster I can buy on local site, but he is bantam. My hens are full size SLW.
Will he be able to cover them, so I can get chicks??????

Also- when you cross a bantam with a full size, do you get half bantam and half full- or something in between?

Thanks!

There is a beautiful Silver laced Wyandotte rooster I can buy on local site, but he is bantam. My hens are full size SLW.

Also- when you cross a bantam with a full size, do you get half bantam and half full- or something in between?

Thanks!
He might not be able to, but he sure will try! When you cross a bantam with a full size, you can get just about any size. It's kinda random, just between the bantam and standard size.

Thanks!
We got this baby. The dad polish and mon is the bantam

Attachments

• ACD26DD6-A694-483A-B8FB-EE4588D9DFF8.png
    ACD26DD6-A694-483A-B8FB-EE4588D9DFF8.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 12
Very tiny mom compared to the other chicks and baby is very little too. But soooo pretty with blue surrounding eyes

Attachments

• 8F083459-5052-449E-B47A-637C9B305158.png
    8F083459-5052-449E-B47A-637C9B305158.png
    6 MB · Views: 12

Thanks!
It really depends. He will defiantly make a good effort, but you never know. You can also get him another bantam hen who he will definitely be able to mate.

As for what size the chicks will be, you can get both standard size chicks, or bantam chicks. There won't be any in between size, but it is really random on whether chicks will be bantam or standard.

Back
Top Bottom