Can a rooster collar work on a hen?

My hen who is just starting to lay has also begun to crow. She is crowing about 5 times when she gets out of the coop and into the yard. My question is will a rooster collar work on her? Can’t have crowing as per ordinance.
I would love to hear her - can you get a video of her crowing?
For video, upload to youtube and provide a link.

I can't say whether it would work on a hen or not - I've never used one. Likely it would lessen the volume of her noise making.
I'm not a fan of placing collars on roosters or hens.

Now. Your ordinance - does it say "crowing" or "rooster crowing"?

I would love to hear her - can you get a video of her crowing?
For video, upload to youtube and provide a link.

I can't say whether it would work on a hen or not - I've never used one. Likely it would lessen the volume of her noise making.
I'm not a fan of placing collars on roosters or hens.

Now. Your ordinance - does it say "crowing" or "rooster crowing"?
Crowing.
As for video I will try. I fitted her with it this morning and made sure she was okay with it. She did not seem to care after about 10 seconds of head shaking.

My hen who is just starting to lay has also begun to crow. She is crowing about 5 times when she gets out of the coop and into the yard. My question is will a rooster collar work on her? Can’t have crowing as per ordinance.
That is really odd of a laying hen to start to crow, and I’m sure a rooster collar will work on your hen

I have never had a hen "crow." Is this actual crowing like the sound of a rooster? Or is this the "im so proud of myself for laying an egg, everyone! I layed an egg! Come look at my awesome egg!" announcement?
Was wondering the same, especially for a 6mo pullet that just started to lay.
I have had an older hen(2-3yo) crow for a few months while on winter break.

Back
Top Bottom