Can an old foot injury make your chicken more prone to frost bite? (Photos)

Here is what we did today. I needed help from my husband. She just laid there the whole time since she is used to be handled. Made our job easier. Does all this look like I'm doing it correctly?

Brittany it look like you are doing really well with it. You know that toenail looks like it's viable yet....my fingers are crossed. it's got a ways to go you can tell but...I think it looks way better and you are giving it a good fighting chance now. Your hen is lucky to have you.
hugs.gif

Thank you! I was a nervous wreck the whole time but now I feel good about my work! It's looking a lot better and she has gotten used to her wrapped toe :) your information helped me do all this. Thank you so much. You have no idea how much her and I appreciate it. I'm glad you took the time out to share your knowledge. I will update pictures once she is healed up :)

Aww...So glad the thread has helped Brittany. That was my hope in posting all of this. Thanks Chop for being there too. Your support last winter was well needed and so appreciated. BYC is such a great forum I think. Lots of friendly chicken folks on here!

Back
Top Bottom