Can Any Rifle Enthusiasts Help Me?

Quote:
3000-4000 DOLLARS??? God, and to think my brother probably hocked it for the price of a 30 pack.
somad.gif

That's okay, thanks anyway, I knew it was a long shot, but thought I'd try. It's just something I always wished I could surprise my father with. It hurt him very much to lose that; it's the only thing he had of his father's or grandfather's.

Quote:
3000-4000 DOLLARS??? God, and to think my brother probably hocked it for the price of a 30 pack.
somad.gif

That's okay, thanks anyway, I knew it was a long shot, but thought I'd try. It's just something I always wished I could surprise my father with. It hurt him very much to lose that; it's the only thing he had of his father's or grandfather's.

3000-4000 was a couple of years ago now it could be worth up to 7000

3000-4000 was a couple of years ago now it could be worth up to 7000

It would have to be one of the most rare models in like new condition to bring anywhere near that amount.

US model 1898 Krag-Jorgenson rifle in 30-40 Krag. This rifle is in original unaltered military configuration. The stock shows service wear with two minor cracks. bluing is in very ... Price : $1000.00

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search/C...es/Military-Misc-Rifles-US/Krag-Jorgenson.htm

Quote:
It would have to be one of the most rare models in like new condition to bring anywhere near that amount.

US model 1898 Krag-Jorgenson rifle in 30-40 Krag. This rifle is in original unaltered military configuration. The stock shows service wear with two minor cracks. bluing is in very ... Price : $1000.00

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search/C...es/Military-Misc-Rifles-US/Krag-Jorgenson.htm

I read the 3-4 thing a couple of years ago in a hunting magazine so I figured it would be worth more today

You should just ask your half brother. He probably sold it to a "friend" for next to nothing and could probably get it back if it was "worth his while".

It doesn't sound like you want any old krag anyhow. You know where it went...go to the source.

Quote:
Good thought, but I tried that years ago. He just played dumb and said he didn't know what I was talking about. I guarantee he sold it for next to nothing, but he won't admit to any of it. My mother has admitted he took it along with a lot of other stuff, but he denies it. These days I don't even speak to him anymore. Haven't talked to my mother or half brother in years.

But you're right, I do want THE rifle.

Last edited:
Could tell him that if it's used in a crime it'll come back on your dad who will immediately point to him... and actually because of that he's considering filling a stolen report to cover his own bum... perhaps this was your suggestion after someone mentioned being in a similar situation on a website you visit??
wink.png

If there's a snowball's chance his actions could come back to haunt him... and you offer him a way out... you buying the gun from whoever he sold it to and getting it back to your dad... then he MIGHT decide covering his own bum is a smart move. No guarantee, he doesn't sound all that bright, but worth a shot still.

Quote:
Thanks PM, but he stole it many years ago, he knows there's no paperwork on it and he's never been worried about consequences of his actions. He's just a criminal, in and out of jail, owes tens of thousands in child support, nothing I could say would make him "worry".

Back
Top Bottom