Can anybody show me what a poop board is supposed to look like?

This is my poop board,I use sweet pdz in it (its like sand)and I scoop it everyday with a kitty litter scooper,You would be surprised how much chickens poop in their sleep
44824_poop_boards_1.jpg

I have a wooden poop board under my roosts and I got a piece of linoleum and cut it into sections so that I can lift it out in nice weather and hose down. I also sprinkle a good layer of shavings with DE mixed in and it is very easy to clean with a kitty litter scoop. I remove the solid and even if they have runny poop, once it gets covered with the shavings and the DE dries it out, it comes right up. I do not do any "scraping" I can see on my wooden ladder how the poop sticks to it and it is difficult to remove. I use the same litter from the floor for the poop board. Works great and in the spring I will wash all the linoleum pieces. It does not curl. I would imagine that it would depend on the material. I've gotten so many ideas from this forum that I hope this has helped someone

Last edited:
This is what our droppings board looks like. I have a dry-wall mud scraper that I use every morning to clean it off- two swipes into a bucket and I'm done. It is removable for periodic cleaning. We had a droppings pit before the board but that was a disaster. Love, love, love the droppings board. It saves lots of money on pine shavings and keeps the coop really clean. Highly recommend one!
Here's ours:
43104_4-23-10_dec_the_coop.jpg

And here it is in action:
43104_12-14-10_snow_outside_birds_inside_2.jpg

Here's mine. I throw some pine shavings from the floor up onto the board, helps keep the poo from sticking too much. I'm going to put a lip on it this spring and try the kitty litter. I just think it'll be easier.
I used some old doors and covered them with linoleum. I also took the corners off the flat side of the 2x4 to give them a more natural roost. . . got the idea from a fellow BYC'er. Pictures are from the first
day that the birds went in. Not so pristine now.
49067_img_7449.jpg
49067_img_7439.jpg

Still would like to actually SEE this poop board. Also when & how do you get mother hen back with the flock and how old do the young ones can you introduce them into the flock? They all get along outside the coop, but when they get inside it's another story.

Just to mix things up a bit (being a bit of a "rebel" here). I don't have a poop board but I do have a poop hammock:

I just pull it out and empty it straight into the manure pit; wash it off and let it hang dry before putting it back in.

Back
Top Bottom