Can Anyone Help Identify These Geese?

ChristyPogue

Chirping
Jul 22, 2014
Central TX
Hello all! Can anyone tell me what kind(s) of geese these are? I may have to post 2 separate pics but here we go. Thank you so much in advance for any help anyone can give us. :)

Last edited:
Thank you so much! Would you happen to know the genders by looking at them? The sweet couple we got them from told us the mostly grey one is female and the mostly white one is the male, however, my 13 y/o son came running in this morning saying he saw the "male" laying an egg!!??
idunno.gif

Thank you so much! Would you happen to know the genders by looking at them? The sweet couple we got them from told us the mostly grey one is female and the mostly white one is the male, however, my 13 y/o son came running in this morning saying he saw the "male" laying an egg!!??
idunno.gif
Sorry but on that your guess would be as good as mine. If the "male" laid an egg then you know he is a she. The other may be either male or female. If they mate that will be a give away. Since it is the beginning of the mating season for geese you will know pretty soon if there is a male. He will hiss and challenge your presence around his mate. Of course, you may have two females which will be nice since you get the eggs without the aggressive male behavior.

Back
Top Bottom