Can Anyone Help Me Identify The Breed of These Ducks?

Patchesnposies

Chickens.....are my ONE weakness!
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Southern New Mexico
Hello!

Earlier this spring my husband brought home these four little ducks from our local feed store. He was told they were Indian Runner Ducks, which we knew was not true as we had those once upon a time. We didn't really care what kind they were, he got them for our littlest kids because they missed our old ducks whom we had lost to predation.

However, now that they are grown up they are some of the most beautiful ducks I have ever seen and very docile. I am wondering if they are a breed of some sort or just a mix that turned out really pretty. I tried to google them but only found one picture in someone's flickr account and no info at all.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks so much!

7036_ducks_040.jpg

7036_ducks_037.jpg

7036_ducks_041.jpg

BUFFS! Oh how I miss my girl! she had TONS of personality, was one of my best moms, and was such a bossy little thing! enjoy them! and post more pictures!

Thanks everyone for your quick replies and the info on my beautiful Buff Orpington ducks! One of my little ladies has began to lay recently. I hope she will be a good mom someday.

The girls are bossy little things and take no guff off of any other fowl in the farmyard! LOL

Very pretty buffs, looks like you have two boys and two girls, nice combo, I got stuck with 5 boys and 2 girls, almost non of them were the same breed either!

Back
Top Bottom