Can anyone help me identify these chicks

Chicken12367

Songster
5 Years
Oct 11, 2016
UK
They’re currently 67 days old. I bought the eggs off of eBay, they were described as being from a flock with numerous different breeds. Let me know what breeds you think they are thanks

Attachments

• 6A52A6E3-B230-46BA-A0CB-2C9C1572A254.jpeg
    6A52A6E3-B230-46BA-A0CB-2C9C1572A254.jpeg
    400.1 KB · Views: 18
  • E20A7710-4134-4F58-A206-E4A55C371811.jpeg
    E20A7710-4134-4F58-A206-E4A55C371811.jpeg
    485.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 38AC8BCD-8C0C-49CE-81F3-13EC9D17A72A.jpeg
    38AC8BCD-8C0C-49CE-81F3-13EC9D17A72A.jpeg
    530.6 KB · Views: 13
They are all mixed breeds. That is what it means when you buy eggs from a flock with numerous breeds. Everyone will be a mutt. Not that there's anything wrong with that! They're lovely.
The third one is a cockerel.
Thanks very much for letting me know, the cockerel has started crowing, it’s pretty funny watching him try and find his voice. My main flock of 7 hens are around 1 years old when do you think I should move these guys in with them. Thanks

Thanks very much for letting me know, the cockerel has started crowing, it’s pretty funny watching him try and find his voice. My main flock of 7 hens are around 1 years old when do you think I should move these guys in with them. Thanks
6 weeks ago!! But only if they were raised in the coop in a built-in brooder.

You can start integrating them now. You will need to partition off an area of the coop to keep the youngsters in for about a week to let everyone get accustomed to each other. Then I'd let all the hens out of the coop and close the door and release the "littles" so they can explore the coop for a couple of hours. During the exploration time, fashion a door (or two) that is just large enough to let the littles back into the "look-don't-touch" pen so they can escape the bigs if they need to and open the pop door to let the big girls back in. Stay and monitor the situation and to make sure everyone who needs to can get away from the others.

6 weeks ago!! But only if they were raised in the coop in a built-in brooder.

You can start integrating them now. You will need to partition off an area of the coop to keep the youngsters in for about a week to let everyone get accustomed to each other. Then I'd let all the hens out of the coop and close the door and release the "littles" so they can explore the coop for a couple of hours. During the exploration time, fashion a door (or two) that is just large enough to let the littles back into the "look-don't-touch" pen so they can escape the bigs if they need to and open the pop door to let the big girls back in. Stay and monitor the situation and to make sure everyone who needs to can get away from the others.
They were raised in a separate brooder which meant that the larger hens couldn’t see them. However I’ve moved a run into their coop. As you said I’ll let them become familiar with one another for about a week and then I’ll let them interact with one another and free range around the garden thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom