can anyone help?

Sounds like "silkie syndrome," which is wry neck plus or minus brain injury. It is extremely common in silkies. ,Especially if they have vaulted skulls - which don't solidify entirely.

A peck or bump to the head can cause it. If this is the reason vet's can treat with prednisone. If it's from nutrition deficiencies, you have already gotten good advice. Sometimes they respond quickly only to relapse again and again. Eventually they do recover if the owner doesn't give up and cull them.

My friend had a young roo (house pet) silkie that had an extremely bad case, he also had seizures during which his body was very hot to the touch. Every day we expected him to die but he didn't. He eventually got well and lived to be several years old..

She treated him with Polyvisol infant drops ( no iron) and a couple drops of vit. e squeezed from a capsule and I believe something else. Sorry I can't remember it was quite a few years ago.

G’Day from down under sleepdeprived
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received some great advice, I will just wish you and your Silky all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom