Can anyone identify? I think it's a female.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MikeNH, May 23, 2010.

1. MikeNH

MikeNH New Egg

May 8, 2010
    Hi all, I got my 4 girls on May 1st. I thought they were all RI Reds as they were all in the same group labeled RI Reds. this one dosen't quite look like a RI Red. Can anyone Identify her? I'm assuming it's a girl she's the largest, the friendliest and the most aggressive, as of now she's at the top of the pecking order. I've include pics of the yellow girl and the RI Reds. You can see the yellow has pink legs and the RI Reds have yellow legs.
    Thanks for any help.

Mike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RAWR

RAWR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    looks to be female
    have you checkd for spur buds?

3. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Hens also have spur buds. It looks like a pullet, but at that age, it's hard to tell with 100% certainty.

4. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe a Cinnamon Queen...if so should be a pullet.

5. AccioSarah

AccioSarah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    She looks just like my Rhode Island Girls! Mine are at 4weeks (or so, maybe almost 5 now) and they look almost exactly like her.

6. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I haven't gotten any new pic's of our layer's yet.They are huge.6 were supposed to RIR(the first chicks I bought) then hubby bought 12 more a couple week's later 6 black sexlink and 6 I dunno I want to get some pic's of them up here too.They are black with brown feathering's at neck.Your's look like pullet's to me.Think hubby got a few roo's in the one's he got but's cool too he is loving them all. Look's like all of my RIR's are hen's though.They are going on 3 months old now so...

7. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    The first pic looks like a red or gold sex link to me. The leg color confuses me though. My gold sex links have yellow legs. Here is a picture I took this afternoon.

[​IMG]

8. nelgkel

nelgkel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    FL
    she looks a lot like my red sex link pullets

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by