Can anyone identify these ducks?

mjentley

In the Brooder
Jul 26, 2021
Good afternoon! We acquired 4 rescue ducks. We have a fawn/white Runner and a black/white Crested Swede. Here is a picture of two of the rescue ducks, the other two look similar. Can anyone tell me what breed they are?
C9E645CC-A8D4-4B91-92AE-A05DFCEFD397.jpeg

Looks like a blue runner. The other one is a crested duck and it is either a chocolate runner or khaki Campbell. Hard to tell from the picture.
You have to be careful with crested ducks, because they have a skull deformity. Their is a gap in their skull that cause the fatty tissue to grow there. If the crested is a female, you may may not want to keep it with a drake, because he could yank on it when mating.

Looks like a blue runner. The other one is a crested duck and it is either a chocolate runner or khaki Campbell. Hard to tell from the picture.
You have to be careful with crested ducks, because they have a skull deformity. Their is a gap in their skull that cause the fatty tissue to grow there. If the crested is a female, you may may not want to keep it with a drake, because he could yank on it when mating.
Thank you so much for your reply. I had no idea about the skull deformity of crested ducks! Thankfully all six of mine are hens.

Back
Top Bottom