Can anyone identify this bird?

duckncover

Duck Obsessed
15 Years
Jan 17, 2009
North Eastern PA
This bird was at the parrot rescue so I took it home for my aviary. It came in with another one but that one died on the way there. Can anyone tell me what kind of finch/bird this is?

I just feel bad that she doesn't have any of her own kind. I used to feel bad for my button quail but he's become tame enough for out of cage time. I'm working on that with her at the moment. From what I understand if she is a house finch that they aren't common in the pet trade and I probably won't be able to adopt one for her to live with. Right now she's living with my cockatiels, budgies, and button quail in a big parrot cage.

I would contact a local wildlife rescue they might be able to help, this is something the parrot rescue should have done, or known since they are a rescue as you can be fined for keeping wild birds.

I finally figured out what she is! She is a Crimson-wing Finch. Unfortunately they are only native to Pakistan and Morocco so bringing her to a rehab is useless. I'm going to keep her and make it my duty to find her a mate. From what I understand they aren't really popular in the pet trade but are cage birds in certain areas. I found a breeder online but they are relatively expensive ($160 a pair+shipping) so I'm going to have to wait for now.

I finally figured out what she is! She is a Crimson-wing Finch. Unfortunately they are only native to Pakistan and Morocco so bringing her to a rehab is useless. I'm going to keep her and make it my duty to find her a mate. From what I understand they aren't really popular in the pet trade but are cage birds in certain areas. I found a breeder online but they are relatively expensive ($160 a pair+shipping) so I'm going to have to wait for now.

Contact that breeder and ask about rescuing any returned/retired birds.

-good- breeders take back animals if emergency arises, so they might have some adults to place out.

He/She may understand the problem and be able to give advice too-

Back
Top Bottom