can anyone identify this egg deformity?

Katewebster

In the Brooder
Nov 13, 2019
Hello there! I am admittedly in my rookie year of chicken raising but I cannot figure out what is wrong with this egg?! Any guesses?

Attachments

• IMG_2967.jpg
    IMG_2967.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 16
Watery egg whites? What age is your flock; are they a production breed? Apparently, it's a thing with older hybrids and not really something that can be remedied if they're already on a proper diet.
Can't say I've gotten one like this yet.

Do you know who laid this?
What exactly do you feed your birds and have you ever had to deal with an illness in your flock?

Watery egg whites? What age is your flock; are they a production breed? Apparently, it's a thing with older hybrids and not really something that can be remedied if they're already on a proper diet.
Can't say I've gotten one like this yet.
thank you for your response! I have 3 buckeyes and 2 barred rocks and they are all almost 7 months. the barreds and 1 buckeye are laying but the smaller buckeyes haven't started yet. I am wondering if it actually was one of them and its a funky first egg?

Do you know who laid this?
What exactly do you feed your birds and have you ever had to deal with an illness in your flock?
I feed them layer crumble and scraps (yogurt, spinach, cheerios, carrots, celery). Unfortunately I do not know who laid it! Have not had any illnesses. Sometimes I get an egg that is really rough but just with those calcium deposits... nothing like this!

I feed them layer crumble and scraps (yogurt, spinach, cheerios, carrots, celery). Unfortunately I do not know who laid it! Have not had any illnesses. Sometimes I get an egg that is really rough but just with those calcium deposits... nothing like this!
I highly recommend that you stop feeding so many treats and feed only the complete balanced layer crumble.

It could be that this particular bird is not getting a balanced diet because it is eating too many treats.

Back
Top Bottom