Can anyone please help me with what’s the matter

annmarie1810

Chirping
Jun 4, 2020
North east England
My hen was taking to the vets due to been poorly around a week ago,
we thought gapeworm but more respiratory infection,
Anyway she’s been on baytril for 6 days now, she won’t eat or drink I am having to syringe feed her fluids ...

She’s also had panacur wormer for 5 days

Can anyone give me any advice what maybe wrong please ..

She’s only 6 month old my baby girl I don’t want to lose her 😢😢

We have already had 1 hen the same who had antibiotics and fully recovered but she just isn’t ..

How do I attach a video I can’t seem to be able to ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    648.5 KB · Views: 24
My hen was taking to the vets due to been poorly around a week ago,
we thought gapeworm but more respiratory infection,
Anyway she’s been on baytril for 6 days now, she won’t eat or drink I am having to syringe feed her fluids ...

She’s also had panacur wormer for 5 days

Can anyone give me any advice what maybe wrong please ..

She’s only 6 month old my baby girl I don’t want to lose her 😢😢

We have already had 1 hen the same who had antibiotics and fully recovered but she just isn’t ..

How do I attach a video I can’t seem to be able to ?
Sorry about your hen.

Could you give us a little more info, how does her crop feel, how does her breath smell, IS she pooping, could you post a picture if she is, did the vet have any suggestions on what it may be?
her crop feels fine, Empty due to not eating, breathe seems fine to be honest, she’s pooing but very little and it’s watery.. she isn’t egg bound as that’s been checked, vet thought gapeworm related but like I said above wasn’t visible so said respiratory infection .. but she’s not improving at all

I will try get a photo when she poos atm none to show x

Can you call your vet back and let them know that she's not improving? If she's not eating and drinking she will need to be tube-fed.

Back
Top Bottom