Can anyone post a photo of a Delaware chick?

JillsChicks

Songster
12 Years
May 31, 2007
Western NY
Some of the eggs we received are supposed to be Delawares. Could someone post a photo of a Delaware chick(s)? I would like to see what one looks like. It would be great to see some adults too. Thanks! Ann

Here you go!
smile.png

blackstardelaware.jpg

stevienap.jpg

stevieclean.jpg

100_0998.jpg

Oh! Thank you so much! I think I could have recognized them from the descriptions I've read of the adults. They are too cute. Cynthia - that must be a barred rock chick behind the Delaware?

I won a collection of eggs from an organic farm in the midwest on eBay. I should have some Buff Orpington, Delaware, Barred Rock, Araucana from this and some Dekalb from a girlfriend. I was surprised how many "hatching egg" auctions there are. Eggbid.com is something I may try in the future... And, of course, I will keep watch on BYC. I could see myself enjoying Silver Spangled Hamburgs, Silkies and Frizzles someday.

Ooops - I forgot the Black Australorps! The Welp, Inc. photos were great! Thanks for the suggestion and all your beautiful photos!

Last edited:
Yep, that's a Barred Rock cockerel behind that Delaware pullet chick. The Delawares are beautiful birds, the only white birds I ever got on purpose, LOL, unless you count the Splash Orpingtons, which are basically white birds.

Back
Top Bottom