can anyone post pictures of their Welsummer eggs?

OHHHHH!!!
love.gif
I hope that mine starts laying soon! I didn't know they laid eggs that cute!!
tongue.png
fl.gif

Quote:
That is SO interesting!..i always thought they layed the same type eggs all the time...that is pretty cool. Now, does that go for just the welsummers? or all hens?

Will Marrows wellsummers are great check out Whitmore farm ! http://www.whitmorefarm.com/ He is the breeder I visited today and is NIPP certified and very careful about the health of his birds. I took a foot bath when I went to see them even before I set foot on the farm. He should have eggs and chicks available in the spring and if your In Maryland maybe even right now.

Henry

Last edited:
Here is another pic taken earlier this year. First egg is from a 2 year old RIR, second egg is 6 month old BLRW pullet, third egg is a 6 month old Welsummer, 4th egg is from a 6 month old serama and the last is a peanut egg from a 6 month old serama pullet. It is about the size of a peanut M&M.

HPIM0472.jpg

Quote:
Oh! I didn't realize that you had a Welsummer laying yet Cyn! Sorry I missed you in my recommendation. That egg is lovely!
smile.png

vicki2x2, very pretty eggs..
smile.png
..i love the welsummer one!..and the cute little pullet one!..
smile.png
.thanks for sharing the pics!.., Wendy

Many of my hens lay eggs that differ slightly from one to the next, speckle-wise especially.
Yep, Stacey, Alma has been laying a short time, but Justine is still holding out at 26 weeks old. I dont have a rooster with these-decided not to keep one.

I know hatchery Marans don't lay as dark, I am assuming that is the same withh Welsummers??? Everyone that posted pictures here, where did you get your birds from? They are all beautiful
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom