Can anyone suggest a good book for a beginner peafowl raiser?

I found this site to be the most useful with ongoing info and folks to help along the way.
Books-a-million has a few books on peas but i am not sure how much info was in them.

Zaz is so right about this site.
There are whole lot of pages of threads
(last time I checked was near 60 pages-
guess I need to look again!)
in this category to read. It will take you about
the same amount of time reading all those
as "War & Peace" or "Pride & Prejudice"!!!!!
These threads will have many links that you can bookmark.....

Then there is also the United Peafowl Asociation:
http://www.peafowl.org/ARTICLES/
this link is to their articels.

READ away!

I can't imagine any book being as useful as this forum!

However, it can be overwhelming when the experienced peapeople here have differing opinions and experiences; how can you decide what/whose advice to take?
IMO, that is why it's a good idea to spend time here and get to know the regulars, see which peapeoples' situations and attitudes seems best suited to your own situation and attitude, so you know whose advice you feel most comfortable following.
Of course, nobody here has all of the "right" answers.
But you will always find a great willingness to help and sincerity, which is what makes this forum special, I think.
big_smile.png

I can't imagine any book being as useful as this forum!

However, it can be overwhelming when the experienced peapeople here have differing opinions and experiences; how can you decide what/whose advice to take?
IMO, that is why it's a good idea to spend time here and get to know the regulars, see which peapeoples' situations and attitudes seems best suited to your own situation and attitude, so you know whose advice you feel most comfortable following.
Of course, nobody here has all of the "right" answers.
But you will always find a great willingness to help and sincerity, which is what makes this forum special, I think.
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif

I love what you said! I have only one book on peafowl. I read it all and found it interesting, but it was rather short and mostly about the history of peafowl and less about what to feed them, pen requirements, etc. I think the best info you can find will be on the internet. You can always make a word document and fill it up with information you find that is useful then print it off and use it as a quick reference book. Also many peafowl breeder websites have information sections where you can learn some things. Everyone raises their peafowl a little differently so some information will not always be the same as it will be on another site or from another person.

Back
Top Bottom