Can anyone tell if this EE chick is male or female?

ashl768

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 2, 2013
It's about 5 weeks old...I'm trying to figure out how to post photos off mobile, bare w me. I also have video, if that would help, can you upload videos on here?

To post pics from mobile, you click on the picture icon on the toolbar (far right), then either type in the image code in the space provided or upload them from your device (which is what I do). Good luck.
Nikki

That's what I'm hoping for, what makes you think its a girl? Can I look for those things in other chicks (Rhode Island)?

I'd guess 3 weeks old and a bit too early to tell. In a couple more weeks, the color patterning will give the gender away. The EEs that start with chipmunk stripes have typical male or female looks but you'll need to wait for the feathers to come in for that.

The chick is 5 weeks old, I have more photos, but my photos won't upload!? I'll try again tomorrow.

The feathers are sure coming in slowly, then! Mine looked like that at 2-3 weeks and were getting head feathers at 5. Where did you get this chick?

I think the feathers are coming in slow, because I had them too warm. I've since last week cooled them down with no heat lamp, just a light bulb for light. Here are photos from last night, maybe a close up will help! I've also attached photos of a black Dominique, anyone know if it's a pullet or cock?

Back
Top Bottom