Can anyone tell me how to question

tracyjg

Songster
Jun 25, 2015
lv nv
how do you get rid of an ant problem my flock doesn't like them in there food water nesting area and free range eating treats. Ant sprays work for ants that can be seen on sidewalk and nesting boxes. I know bug be begon kills them in soil but it can kill and harm birds . Any ideas our welcome or experience . I new to these. Please help

how do you get rid of an ant problem my flock doesn't like them in there food water nesting area and free range eating treats. Ant sprays work for ants that can be seen on sidewalk and nesting boxes. I know bug be begon kills them in soil but it can kill and harm birds . Any ideas our welcome or experience . I new to these. Please help

I think DE would get rid of them. Make sure you get the food grade DE. DE is Diotomaceous Earth. That is safe to use around your chickens. Wear a mask for yourself when applying it. It will cut the exoskeleton of the ants and they will dry up and die. They will likely avoid the stuff also so you could create a perimeter around the coop with it. It doesn't hold up in wet weather, so you will have to reapply if it rains. You can dust it around your coop area, in nest boxes, etc. Insects don't like the stuff. Here's some info on it: http://www.earthworkshealth.com/

Back
Top Bottom