Can anyone tell me what breed of chicken this is?

Mixed chicken probably.

Also.. there is no such thing as a cinnamon queen. Sapphire gems, red stars, starlight Eggers, and a whole bunch more are just mixes. They do not breed true.

I can mix a couple of breeds together and call them whatever, but that doesn't mean I've created a new breed.

Mixed chicken probably.

Also.. there is no such thing as a cinnamon queen. Sapphire gems, red stars, starlight Eggers, and a whole bunch more are just mixes. They do not breed true.

I can mix a couple of breeds together and call them whatever, but that doesn't mean I've created a new breed.
It’s true that they’re all mixes. However, identifying the mix by its hatchery label helps a chicken owner determine what specific mix it is, and often lets them know what traits this mix will have. Easter eggers, for instance, often have the blue egg shell gene. As another example, rose comb cinnamon queens are sex links, so you aren’t likely to get mis-sexed roosters, and since the cross involves a wyandotte this type of RSL is less prone to reproductive issues than the “classic” type.

It’s true that they’re all mixes. However, identifying the mix by its hatchery label helps a chicken owner determine what specific mix it is, and often lets them know what traits this mix will have. Easter eggers, for instance, often have the blue egg shell gene. As another example, rose comb cinnamon queens are sex links, so you aren’t likely to get mis-sexed roosters, and since the cross involves a wyandotte this type of RSL is less prone to reproductive issues than the “classic” type.

True.

Are we even sure these chickens are hatched with the same combo of parent breeds though?

I see the value in identifying certain traits by using the hatchery's name.

I believe Cinnamon King would be more fitting in this case if ya know what I'm sayin! 😜

Looks like cockerel with the red coloring and pattern. Might not be a consistent observation with a CQ as it is an EE

**waits for @RoostersAreAwesome to tell me I'm most likely wrong**

I usually don’t try to sex chicks at this age. If it is a cockerel, then it’s not a sex link. But either way, I doubt it’s an EE, as they rarely have rose combs.

Back
Top Bottom