Can anyone tell me what breed these are?

CherokeeFlats

Crowing
14 Years
May 15, 2009
Farmer City, IL
Ok I was told they were call ducks BUT I know they arent'.. can anyone tell me what they are??

31399_dsc02712.jpg

This is Liberty -- She was hatched on July 4.... She's the oldest of the ducklings from Drake and Josephine..

31399_dsc02722.jpg

This is Jospehine (mama Duck)

31399_dsc02723.jpg

This is Drake (daddy Duck)

31399_dsc02729.jpg

These are their latest clutch... 6 eggs laid, 6 eggs incubated by mama and 6 eggs hatched...
smile.png

I think they are Green Headed Appleyards but not sure... I know they are not call ducks! Too big..

Any help will be great!!

Last edited:
The coloring looks like welsh harlequin, but the are too small.
Call ducks are small like those (the 3rd pic down and the ducklings look like calls).
They could be crosses. Call ducks are small and have much shorter beaks.
They look like snowy call ducks? I don't think they are appleyards. They appleyard ducks have facial striping and it doesn't look like yours do.

That's what we were thinking.. They dont have the correct bill length or head shape.... kinda upset.. although I cant complain, I didnt have to pay for them
smile.png
my friend had them and didnt want them so we took them.. They are GREAT!! Friendly and can make some nice babies
smile.png

Those look like snowy calls. Harlequins have more freckling and the mama definantly looks like a call to me. They might be crosses... but they look exactly like snowy calls to me.

Ok.. cool.. we are going to show them in the fair NEXT year.. couldnt this year cuz the wings were clipped
sad.png
but next year... we'll find out for sure.. the judge they use is an APA judge...
smile.png
I am happy no matter what they are!

Oh yes, that picture of them in the almost line.....you can't get any better than that! I literally said, "Awwwww" out loud to myself. So dang cute.

The babies look sort of like Calls.

I think maybe what you have are hatchery quality Calls. I suggest that if you want to show that you find a breeder and buy some nice Calls. I wouldn't try to show those as Calls. They are simply too far from the SOP (Standard of Perfection) and you will find yourself embarrassed.

However, they are adorable ducks and I am sure that they ar great pets.

Back
Top Bottom