Can anyone tell me what breed this chick is!?

tahleiha

Chirping
May 21, 2014
Marion ny
I had a silkie mix rooster that was hit by a car:(( so about two weeks later I incubated my Rhode Island white hens egg and got this chick. I also have a new rooster and I'm trying to determine which rooster fathered this chick! The new rooster is supposedly a wild jungle fowl but he has a beard so idk. The hen is a Rhode Island white and the old rooster that I was hoping for his chick was a silke rir mix. Here's the chick! Well.. Now how do I put in the picture?!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I am not that good with breed ID. You might post that cute pic in the What Breed and Gender section. Kelsiei has left you with the link.

Sorry about your Silkie. It is never easy to lose them, especially the way you lost this one.
hugs.gif

Sorry can't tell anything from that picture but that the chick is light colored. I don't see any silkie factors at that age. Maybe a few weeks later he will show some.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm sorry about your Silkie. I took a look at the pic in your profile, and I agree with drumstick diva. I don't see any thing in the pic that says, Silkie. You can try posting a full profile of the chick on What Breed or Gender is This? and let our experts there take a look at it. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom