Can anyone tell me what is in this egg?

May 6, 2023
Ophelia is 1.5 years old. Has not molted yet and is laying 6 eggs a week. Yesterday and today she laid soft shelled egg in middle of the night off of the roost. She acts normal and is head hen. Her previous eggs had little bumps on them. I dont think it's a calcium problem. Is she ready to start a molt? There is some bickering at bedtime about who roosts where. Roosts are same height. Maybe stress?

Attachments

• 20230924_041852.jpg
    20230924_041852.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 416
The egg looks normal to me, but its just shell-less. Often times shell-less eggs can be laid at night.
To see if she's molting check around for pin feathers on her.
Stress could cause that, but is there much she would be stressed out about? Roost bickering is pretty normal.
What's her diet?

The egg looks normal to me, but its just shell-less. Often times shell-less eggs can be laid at night.
To see if she's molting check around for pin feathers on her.
Stress could cause that, but is there much she would be stressed out about? Roost bickering is pretty normal.
What's her diet?
17% organic layer feed with some chick 20% feed mixed in because other girls are molting. Rooster booster vitamin and mineral pellets With the feed. Kale, sprouted wheat berries and apple for snack. 3 tablespoons approximately. Mealworms in evening. Separate dish with oyster shell.

17% organic layer feed with some chick 20% feed mixed in because other girls are molting. Rooster booster vitamin and mineral pellets With the feed. Kale, sprouted wheat berries and apple for snack. 3 tablespoons approximately. Mealworms in evening. Separate dish with oyster shell.
No, not much to be stressed . Shes head hen. 1.5 years old.

No, not much to be stressed . Shes head hen. 1.5 years old.
I would just monitor, so hopefully this won't go on for much longer.

Back
Top Bottom