Can anyone tell me what is on this egg

Hyroler

Songster
Aug 1, 2017
1 of my Americauna's eggs always has weird substance on her eggs.Its hard maybe it could be calcium build up.She is a year old and has always laid eggs with this stuff on it.If I try and scrap bumps off shell it will leave hole in egg.I feel sorry for her sometimes she lays some giant eggs and with this bumpy rough stuff on outer shell it must really hurt.
0329181454.jpg
0329181454a.jpg

That's what I thought but since all my chickens have same diet I thought it was odd only this chickens eggs are like this.

I know that hen will never worry about hemorrhoids every time she laid a egg it would cut them off.

my americauna does this too sometimes. all my girls eat the same food and have not had it happen to my other girls. maybe something common with the breed?

my americauna does this too sometimes. all my girls eat the same food and have not had it happen to my other girls. maybe something common with the breed?
That is pretty interesting.I will have to research if it is a trait common to Americaunas.My other Americauna eggs are normal.

Back
Top Bottom