Can anyone tell me what kind of hen this is?

Pics
Murray McMurray doesn’t sell Easter Eggers. I ordered an Ameraucana from them, after all this controversy I’ve contacted them to see what they say. They say they’ve been breeding Ameraucanas since the 1980’s. We will see what they have to say. They’ve been in business a very long time, and I doubt they’d consciously lie about a product. If you ask me to believe random posters on this site, or Murray McMurray, I think I’ll wait to see what they have to say, thanks.
They do sell Easter Eggers, actually....they wrongly call them Ameraucanas. You admit you are new to this, and your insistence on believing hatchery propaganda instead of the many knowledgeable people on here who are trying to educate you, shows this to be true. I don't mean that snarky...we were all new at one time...but you ARE obviously new yet you keep insisting that because a hatchery called it something, it must be true. Not one of the websites or blogs you linked as "proof" is a legitimate source of information; they're just regurgitating the lack of knowledge about the differences between Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas. There are two purebred Ameraucana clubs; the Ameraucana Alliance and the Ameraucana Breeders Club. There is a Standard of Perfection which lists the colors real Ameraucanas come in, along with proper leg color, etc. There is a great article which someone linked for you detailing the differences between Easter Eggers and real Ameraucanas. Some of us are actually keepers and breeders of real purebred Ameraucanas...trust me, we know what we're talking about. The annoying situation of hatcheries selling mixed breed Easter Eggers as Ameraucanas is of long standing, and it's too bad they are taking advantage of people by making them think they're getting something they're not. There's not a thing in the world wrong with Easter Eggers...they are beautiful chickens and lay lovely various-colored eggs. But they're not Ameraucanas and why you would not believe SO MANY knowledgeable chicken keepers from BYC is perplexing.

They do sell Easter Eggers, actually....they wrongly call them Ameraucanas. You admit you are new to this, and your insistence on believing hatchery propaganda instead of the many knowledgeable people on here who are trying to educate you, shows this to be true. I don't mean that snarky...we were all new at one time...but you ARE obviously new yet you keep insisting that because a hatchery called it something, it must be true. Not one of the websites or blogs you linked as "proof" is a legitimate source of information; they're just regurgitating the lack of knowledge about the differences between Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas. There are two purebred Ameraucana clubs; the Ameraucana Alliance and the Ameraucana Breeders Club. There is a Standard of Perfection which lists the colors real Ameraucanas come in, along with proper leg color, etc. There is a great article which someone linked for you detailing the differences between Easter Eggers and real Ameraucanas. Some of us are actually keepers and breeders of real purebred Ameraucanas...trust me, we know what we're talking about. The annoying situation of hatcheries selling mixed breed Easter Eggers as Ameraucanas is of long standing, and it's too bad they are taking advantage of people by making them think they're getting something they're not. There's not a thing in the world wrong with Easter Eggers...they are beautiful chickens and lay lovely various-colored eggs. But they're not Ameraucanas and why you would not believe SO MANY knowledgeable chicken keepers from BYC is perplexing.
I’ve already said I wouldn’t argue. I’ve already said I’d admit if I’m wrong. I’ve already said I’ve contacted the hatchery. I’m sorry you find it “perplexing” that a new person would like to believe a company that has been in business since 1917 rather than Joe Blow Internet Keyboard Warrior. Thanks for repeating what others have already posted.

I've not seen anyone on BYC (including myself) whose goal is to get someone to admit they're wrong...rather to inform and to help. Occasionally someone is inexplicably resistant to either. The chances that McMurray will write back and admit "yeah, we know they're not really Ameraucanas, but most people don't know the difference and we sell more chicks that way so we continue to call them that even though the Ameraucana breed clubs have asked us repeatedly to stop" are slim to none... but at least several of us have put the facts and the knowledge on record for other newcomers who come along later.

Back
Top Bottom