Can anyone tell what breed this rooster this?

Queenpython

Chirping
Jan 26, 2022
Hawaii
Hello! I posted a forum similar to this a few months ago. However, I found out it was too early to tell; Here is the link to my old forum post He's grown so much! Can anyone tell what breed this is?

Attachments

• DSC_0581.JPG
    DSC_0581.JPG
    337.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0657.JPG
    DSC_0657.JPG
    435.7 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0667.JPG
    DSC_0667.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 3
Hello! I posted a forum similar to this a few months ago. However, I found out it was too early to tell; Here is the link to my old forum post He's grown so much! Can anyone tell what breed this is?
Thanks for linking your old post.

Here's a quote from your former post:

He is a wild chicken, we live in Hawaii so we have a lot of those roaming around. Found him and his sister lost in front of my house and they were chirping for hours. I decided to take them in or the cats would have had them. Long story short, now I'm a chicken lover. :p

My apologies, I had no idea that it would be too early to determine the breed. I will wait for a few more months.

Based on that, I am confident that your rooster does not belong to any breed of chicken. He's a feral chicken. He is descended from chickens that were brought to Hawaii by people and later lived wild, but those original ones may not even have been purebreds, and I'm pretty sure there are no purebreds within the past few generations of ancestors for your bird.

His color looks like "Black Breasted Red," which is found in the wild ancestors of chickens (Jungle Fowl), and in several pure breeds, and in many chickens with mixed ancestry.

Back
Top Bottom