can buton quail use a hamster water bottle and if so how?

xchairity_casex

Songster
8 Years
Feb 5, 2011
ive seen quite a few people showing there quails (buttons and others) useing hamster/rodent water bottles well seeing as how ive got about 25 of the darn things lieing aroudn from when i owned 15 rats i would love to be able to use them when i get buttons but how do you teach them to use them do you just put em and they figure it out or what? all opinions and info is greatly appreciated thanks!

I use water bottles on all my cbbq. I attach the water bottle to each pair's home and they pick on the shiny part and voila! Water
smile.png

Yes, there really is no 'teaching' them, they learn pretty fast. If you want you could squeeze it to get it to drip a bit to get their attention, but I've not had any trouble getting quail to use water bottles.

hmm, I never thought of that. I have a few water bottles sitting around, it would be easier then the little dishes I am using now.

Quote:
and they won't dump the dishes making the floor wet
wink.png

Though if they're anything like my coturnix, they might decide to use it as a shower
hide.gif

Quote:
and they won't dump the dishes making the floor wet
wink.png

exactly my thought, I always have to change the shavings for them. I'll try it and see how it works

Back
Top Bottom