Odd Hen Behavior - Is This Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chickens are basic animals (not trying to insult anyone, I love mine as much as most people do). They follow instinct, not hormones produced to feel what is considered love.

Instictually for most breeds, mating is a Power show. If youre able to subdue another animal and mate, it shows you're more powerful. Why do you think some aggressive roosters will breed hens right after sparing and crowing at you? Because they see themselves as more powerful because they can breed and you can't (for obvious reasons)

Chickens are basic animals (not trying to insult anyone, I love mine as much as most people do). They follow instinct, not hormones produced to feel what is considered love.

Instictually for most breeds, mating is a Power show. If youre able to subdue another animal and mate, it shows you're more powerful. Why do you think some aggressive roosters will breed hens right after sparing and crowing at you? Because they see themselves as more powerful because they can breed and you can't (for obvious reasons)
Ok thank you for this information! I will keep this in mind!

A basic Google search or nature documentary can help with the whole fertilizing an egg after being laid question. The only animals to lay eggs that are fertilized after are fish and amphibians
I don't like using the internet because I feel like there are a lot of lies on there. I like this website so much more. For example, I just got all this information without needing to use Google!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom