can chickens die from fright

mamahen10

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 14, 2013
Thumb of Michigan
Last night we had a horendous thunder/lightening storm. This morning when I went out to the coop i found one of my pullets dead in one of the nest boxes. She was fine and up on the roost when I closed her up for the night with the other girls She was showing no signs of illness. Does anyone know if she could have died from fright from all the thunder and lightening.

Sorry for your loss
sad.png
yes she probably died from shock and fright. It must have been a bad storm.

I understand it's been a while since you started this thread, however I believe the same thing may have just happened today with one of my chickens. Did your other chickens, go okay?

Hope you don't mind me asking.

Warmest wishes,

Jellypop, I think that just happened to one of mine too. We have 15 3-week old red rangers, all healthy and active. We had a horrible horrible thunder and lightning storm last night, and when I went to check on them one was dead with no apparent injury or anything. Just dead. :/ I hope it isn't some kind of illness that the others may succumb to and rather that it was fright from the storm. Too coincidental not to think it was connected since they were all fine yesterday. Bummer though.

Thank you for your response Machinfarm, I'm sorry to hear that you lost one of yours too. All our other chooks albeit all different breeds are healthy and gorgeous! Take care.

Back
Top Bottom