Can chickens eat butter?

The fat isn't good for them all at once like that. I would definitely give the bananas- they love them. Toss the ICBINB, in my opinion.

Yogurt and milk are fine. (Some will say no milk but the farmers used to do it and the chickens ate it as a protein source.)

My bantam Silver is a butter thief, good luck keeping her from the butter!
lau.gif

But as I tell her time and again, no it's really not good for the chicken to have that much fat. She's 3 now, but sooner or later her high fat low fiber ways will get the best of her. lol
So, no butter and such not so much ^^

Is the butter harmful to them? I gave my birds leftover eggs Benedict last night. It was english muffin, ham, boiled egg, and a little hollandaise sauce. It didn't have much sauce as it was my kids leftovers and i don't give them much. This morning I came to let the girls out and I saw what looked like blood stool. I then noticed two of my girls seemed a little slower today. One is eating the other I haven't seen eat yet but has been drinking water. So at this point I opened up the coop to check and there was more bloody stool. I feel terrible. They've had butter before on left over corn and stuff I never excepted them to get sick. Is this just a upset tummy and they're gonna walk it off today or should I be concerned I've truly made my birds ill and they might die? Any suggestion please?

Back
Top Bottom