Can chickens eat...chicken?

Well, I can prevent them from eating chicken. As long as there are no dead birds lying around ( which there certinaly would not be) or any birds with major cuts ( I make sure they don't hurt them selves as much as possible) So as long as I have a say in it my birdies are NOT cannibals !
D.gif

As was already pointed out... Chickens cannot be cannibals as cannibalism is a human trait, not a chicken trait..

A little different opinion...sorry.
Yes, chickens are cannibalistic by design....but...
Personally, we don't feed back chicken. I just keep thinking of that whole mad cow disease fiasco--created by cows eating beef by-products) and worry.
Probably not a real issue with chickens, and no doubtt cooking makes it even safer, but as for us we err on the side of caution.

They were feeding them BRAINS! The only thing that should eat brains is Zombies!

A little different opinion...sorry.
Yes, chickens are cannibalistic by design....but...
Personally, we don't feed back chicken. I just keep thinking of that whole mad cow disease fiasco--created by cows eating beef by-products) and worry.
Probably not a real issue with chickens, and no doubtt cooking makes it even safer, but as for us we err on the side of caution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAnst4038

They were feeding them BRAINS!

Cattle get Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE, "Mad Cow Disease") from eating feed that is contaminated with the Prion protein not from eating beef by-products or brains.
BSE is a Prion Disease (Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy, TSE).

Human Prion Diseases
Animal Prion Diseases

I care that they are omnivores, I care that the are cannibals. I can prevent them from eating chicken because im the one that feeds them. and for american mom :......................

thanks for advice onb meat eating
My beauties are 8 months old today and laying 10 to 12 eggs per day I had some left over chicken I wanted to give them seems its all right to do

My favorite chicken, my avatar, Primrose, died rather quickly from a bone stuck in her crop from picking on a carcass. I will never give a carcass to my chickens again, but I often give them leftover de-boned chicken meat.

My mum continues to feed my three chickens our left over chicken. She always says that it's a "chicken eat chicken world" and that they love it. What if the chickens realise that their siblings taste just like our roast?

Back
Top Bottom