Can Chickens Eat Grapes?

crumbs or pellets same thing, I use crumbs, other's say pellets are less wasted. I guess my girls are just neat eaters! Glad to hear you are getting them some "real" food. I made the same mistake when I was younger and had ducks...

yes, corn is not food....more of a treat for them, doesn't have any of the proteins, and vitamins etc that they need to grow properly...
some people feed scratch, they say it keeps them warm in the cold winters....but not nutritionally good for them
feed them lots of greens, kale, lettuce, grapes, apples, rice, pasta, etc....they will eat it all and be happy for it...but they must have the proper chicken feed as well

mine prefer the crumbles for some reason. I suggest black oil sunflower seeds as a treat too - more protein than coenzyme. They eat them whole!

I just dump a bowl of grapes out in my coop (no cutting up, sorry girls) and I really think it is hands down their favorite treat. Your girls are lucky if you've got grapes to share with them!

Grapes are my hens favorite treats! I do get the seedless ones and the smaller the grape the better. I throw the loose ones on the ground and they go scrambling after them, sometimes rolling them around like a soccer ball. I will hold some of the smaller batches of grapes in my hand about a foot off the ground and my girls will jump up and pick them off. They also have a tendency to pop the grapes while I am holding in them in a bunch and the juice squirts everywhere. Sometimes I will see them later on with grape juice still on their beaks. It is a fun but messy way of giving them a special treat.

I find they like the darker grapes (black or dark purple) better, probably because they are sweeter.

WARNING: Do not feed out of your hand because the end of your fingers look like grapes!!!
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom