Can chickens eat Listerine? / mosquito trapping

HotNoob

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
the mosquitos have been so bad lately, that i have two bug zappers going and at 11pm they have to be emptied 3-4 times every 15 minutes or so...
and then in the morning they are totally caked...

i've seen those dynatrap mosquito traps, and the concept seems ok, except for emptying them... plus they are really expensive right now.

So, i got some insect netting, a 20"box fan, and some 2x4s.

gonna build it just like the dynatrap, put a bug zapper / uv light on one end, and box \w mosquito netting on the other end.
my concern is when i empty it... there will be a GIANT HOARD of mosquitos, no matter how i do it.

i understand alcohol kills mosquitoes really quickly; all i have right now is Listerine :p
is there a safe alcohol that i can use that won't harm the chickens? there will be tons of mosquitoes for them to eat.

--
the mosquitoes are so bad right now, that even the local grocery stores have swarms of them inside. :S

Use a heatgun, and cook the mosquitoes for your chickens if you really want to feed them back to the flock.
I personally would just concentrate to just destroy them and feed my chickens scratch treats. :thumbsup

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

Back
Top Bottom