Can chickens eat sweet potatoes?

Yes. Chickens can have sweet potatoes but absolutely NO white potatoes. Even treats that have been in the same jar as or been cut by the same knife as white potatoe can be very harmful to chickens.

Yes. Chickens can have sweet potatoes but absolutely NO white potatoes. Even treats that have been in the same jar as or been cut by the same knife as white potatoe can be very harmful to chickens.

I thought it was just green skins of white potatoes that were dangerous (to both animals AND people if uncooked).

I've given my chickens the peels and leftovers from all sorts of potatoes for years and never had an issue.

Regardless, sweet potatoes and butternut squash are both great for yolk color!

Interesting... Could you show your source of information?

I thought it was just green skins of white potatoes that were dangerous (to both animals AND people if uncooked).

This has always been my belief also.

Interesting... Could you show your source of information?

This has always been my belief also.
Back when I got chicks for the first time, I was going to feed them potato, when my mom shouted down and said don’t do that, it’s poisonous even if it’s In the same jar. I don’t know where she read it though.

Back
Top Bottom